This weekend to my surprise my little blog here was nominated for The Liebster Award. Being very green about blogging, and the World of WordPress, I did what every new girl does so that she does not look foolish-I Googled it.
Wow! To a newbie with a few self-esteem issues (mixed with a pinch of co-dependency, and dash of need for approval/acceptance) this is a big deal. A huge thank you to Melissa Barker-Simpson at http://mbarkersimpson.wordpress.com for nominating me and following me. If you have not been to see her you should, and be sure to check out http://writingroom101.wordpress.com , and http://featuredfiction.wordpress.com , her other projects. I don’t know how she has time to do it all, but I am thankful she does.
So the rules are as follows:
- 1. Thank the blogger that nominated you.
- 2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- 3. Nominate 11 other blogs with less than 500 followers.
- 4. Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
- 5. Tag your nominees & post a comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them.
My Nominees are:
I may not have commented on all of them yet, but I am loving the writing. Thank you all for putting your writing out there.
And my questions for them are:
- Do you prefer real Books, a kindle or nook, or Audible?
- If money was no object what would you do all day?
- Where do you most want to travel?
- Up to now what has been your biggest success?
- University or life experience-which prepares a person best?
- What is the kindest thing anyone has ever done for you?
- You have a 10 minute speech to give at high school, what is it about?
- what is your favorite ice cream flavor?
- Night person or morning person?
- What book have you attempted to read several times, but could not finish?
- What book title best describes your life?
And these were my questions and my answers:
- .What sound do you love? It is hands down my kids laughing, which thankfully they do quite often, almost every day actually.
- What is one of your favorite quotes? Have you seen my Pinterest board? There are so many! “The cure for anything is salt water-sweat, tears or the sea” Isak Dinesen
- If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be? 40. But only the beginning of 40, the first three months. Shit went down hill after that. But those first three were awesome. I’d like to go back there and freeze frame.
- If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as a mentor? Hmmm. Right now I would love to be and feel as beautiful and free and honest as Jennifer Pastiloff. Or Elizabeth Gilbert-I reread Eat Pray Love fairly often and find what she did so brave-going to find herself the way she did.
- If you could witness any event, past, present, or future, what would it be? July 20, 1969. I think it must have been amazing to be on the edge of such a huge endeavor, and share it with the whole country. I have seen footage and heard radio broadcasts and it is surreal. Everyone was glued to the tv/radio, waiting with their families and friends, holding their breath for word of safe landing and of those first amazing steps. I think of where we are now, with technology and everything happening in nano-seconds and shared just as fast, and it just seems like the whole country shared that moment as one.
- If you were immortal for one day, what would you do? I would love to sky dive, bungee jump, go white water rafting, all of the risky things I won’t do now because I have kids and am scared to break something!
- If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose? One who has a happy ending, that is loved by many and dies peacefully in their sleep with no pain-I think I just described Allie Hamilton in The Notebook, which is perfect.
- What would you name the autobiography of your life? I Wish Someone Had Told Me Then What I Know Now-My Mid Life Hot Mess & the Lessons I Learned From It
- What book are you reading? The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Steven Chbosky, Daring Greatly by Brene Brown, and Sycamore Row by John Grisham. Yes, I have ADD.
- What is your favorite genre? It’s a tie. Historical Fiction because it makes me want to learn more about the subject it is based on, and Self Improvement because it makes me want to learn more about myself.
- What is the funniest prank played on you, or played by you? Not sure I have played one or had one played on me-can that be right? I will work on that.